Monday, April 5, 2010

This Is How Great God Is

This is how great God is – every child born is special. Now, you would think that an attempt to emphasize everything (or in this case, everyone) would result in the emphasizing of nothing (or no one). But, that’s how great God is! He can do that! You’d think, in making billions and billions of people that there would be no way for every single person to really be special. But they are. We are. You are. You are special to Him. Even before you were born, when God was knitting you together in your mother’s womb (Psalm 139:15,16), God looked at you and said… “Now, this one is really special.”

We read through the Bible and we see men and women like Gideon and Esther and we readily see how they were special but here’s the thing - you are special. And that is NOT just sentimentality. God has a unique plan for every single person born into this world. Now, that doesn’t mean that all of us realize the plan or follow it. But that is our choice. As for God, He has a special plan, and therefore a special love, for every single person and that includes you.

Perhaps you know a mother who has six children. Do you think that they are each and all special to her? What if she had twenty?! Or what if … But that’s how great God is!

They say that no two snow flakes are exactly the same even though they are all alike. I guess if God can do it with snow, He can do it with people.

I think Max Lucado is right. God has your picture on His refrigerator. Because that is how great God is. And because God is so great, He made you special. And, yes, He wants you to feel that way. AND, He wants you to feel that way about everyone else too. Yes, everyone.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for inspiring me with your today's post. It reminded me of how thankful I should be with my life's beautiful journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It blows my mind that God can and does do that. He amazes me that He also cares so much for me when in the general scheme of things I am not really am important part of the "big" plan; yet He does, He cares, He listens,He helps, He comforts, He answers. That is the biggest thrill of my life, how very present He is with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it was J Oswald Sanders who said the most important thing about us is what comes to our minds when we think about God. I think the two things that come to my mind are how big God is and how good God is.

    ReplyDelete