Monday, January 4, 2010

If We've Ever Needed Him

Florence and I received many blessings, cards and gifts this Christmas. We are always humbled by the love of God’s people for us. All of the gifts and gestures are special from the hearts of those we love. One of the gifts we received was a gift of music from Buck and Laura. They gave us the new Casting Crowns CD – Until The Whole World Hears. It is an incredible album.

The title track, which is track one, is getting tons of air play (tune in to Hope FM 106.3) but there are a lot of amazing songs on this CD. I think Buck’s favourite is track 11 which is a rendition of the old hymn – ‘Blessed Redeemer’ with a new melody line. I have to admit, it is amazingly powerful…. “Up Calvary’s mountain one dreadful morn … blessed Redeemer, precious Redeemer, seems now I see Him on Calvary’s tree, wounded and bleeding, for sinners pleading, blind and unheeding, dying for me…”

I think that one of the other old hymns redone on the album is also as good – track 6 – Glorious Day (Living He Loved Me).

But, I think at this point at least, my favourite track is the second song. It’s called ‘If We’ve Ever Needed You’. It is a hauntingly beautiful prayer born out of a great sense of awareness of our need for God, especially now. You can listen to it here.

What do you think?

1 comment:

  1. Pastor Steve
    What a powerful prayer...we should all be praying it. Perhap this is a new song for the praise team.

    ReplyDelete