Thursday, December 4, 2008

Sunsets




I didn’t get to see the sunset tonight. I bet it was beautiful. I didn’t get to see the sunset last night either. But I did get to see the sunset Tuesday night (my day off). It was spectacular and not only did I see it but I took a few shots too. All three of these pictures were taken the same night as we watched God put on a show for us.

I love sunsets. One of the things that I am reminded of as I watch the sun set are those old movies where the hero rides off into the sunset. What an ending! But, I don’t think I ever watched a show or a movie like that, without somewhere in the back of my mind being caused to wonder whether it was really ‘The End’? After all, there is always the chance of a sequel, right! And not only that, but there is just that knowledge that we have that the story never ends there.

As we watch the sun set each day, or on those days when we are able to catch it, and think about it, it is a kind of signal for us. Not only does it bring a close to the day, but it goes down in hope - the hope of another day; a sequel if you will. It speaks of life. When the sun sets on our lives we have the amazing hope that it is not the end. There will be a sequel. There will be another day, and it will be glorious.

I think of the words of Job who said,

“I know that my Redeemer lives, and that in the end he will stand upon the earth. And after my skin has been destroyed, yet in my flesh I will see God.” Job 19:25,26

Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment