Tuesday, January 1, 2013

One With Them



I’m not big on New Year’s resolutions as a general rule. I think every day and any day is a good time to really think and make changes. But I do admit that it can be helpful to have special times or seasons when we take stock and take on some new initiatives that could improve our lives.

I really appreciated hearing about the ‘Blessings Jar’ that some people are using for the year ahead. I think that is an idea that has great potential.

Personally, I have taken on some things that I hope to do this year and one of the things I have done is to sign up for the ‘One With Them’ devotional from Open Doors International. Open Doors is a ministry that is devoted to the persecuted church. Every day for the next 365 days I will have the opportunity to connect somewhat to those who are suffering persecution for their faith. It’s a really good opportunity.

You may have other things that you are doing, but if you are interested in having a devotional appear in your inbox each day for the year, with authors including field staff, local pastors, widows and children and each with a ‘unique story to tell and lesson to be learned’. You might want to give it a look.

Here is the link to their site and to the devotional offer. May God bless 2013 for you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment