Thursday, December 6, 2012

Connecting



It’s been a long time in the works. It was conceived of last Spring, but this past Sunday saw a ‘soft launch’ of our new café. Anyone who knows me knows how much I enjoy food, and when you can connect food with family, the result is exponential, over the moon. What a joy it was to finally be able to start providing this kind of service in that kind of atmosphere. There was a LOT of work that went into making it happen, and there will continue to be much labour of love to see it continue, but it is so worth the effort.
 
The pace of our lives and the hectic nature of our schedules as individual families has only increased again and again over the past decades. Never before has the need been greater for us to be strategic, intentional and selective in terms of our activities and what we can realistically expect of people. We are hoping to see God use this new exciting ministry dynamic to provide much in the way of meaningful interactive time spent together, on Sundays at least.

There is just something about gathering around a table, enjoying good food and good conversation. There was no shortage of laughter and love expressed and I think it will prove to be one of the best things we’ve ever done. A great big thank you goes out to all those who had a part in making it happen and all who will be blessed by it for years to come.

I’m looking forward already to this coming Sunday. Hope I see you there.

2 comments:

  1. What a fantastic idea.
    Not only did I enjoy a soup and sandwich but I got to spend some quality time with people I am always too busy to spend time with.
    Awesome job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very awesome! I'm looking forward to cooking some soup and connecting with people too:))

    ReplyDelete