Friday, August 24, 2012

Dog Gone It

I saw a sign this week in front of one of the church buildings in town that says 'Try and be the person your dog thinks you are'!I think that is some pretty good advice and worthy of some sincere reflection.

Then yesterday one of our girls sent me an email, the kind that you try normally not to forward but you make an exception when it is really quite good, and this one is. It included this dog pictured here (must be the dog days of summer) with this caption and I have to tell you it's a new favourite for me. Don't you just love this.

So, this post is just a quick one, as I'm enjoying some vacation time, but thought this too good not to pass along to you. So, live like someone left the gate open!

6 comments:

  1. Praying that you and Florence will experience the rest and refreshment of His presence during this time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Bob. So far it's been mostly a 'working vacation' but it's all good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We had a dog once that wasn't supposed to be out unless he was on the leash with Mom or Dad. Lucky for him there were five of us children all under 7, and we just loved to open the door wide. We must have, and Bullet could tell if we were the ones going to the door from the farthest part of the house, he would almost knock us over in his glee to be free. Then did he ever run!!! Since Dad was usually at work and Mom had a new baby, brother Mitchell usually got to play sheriff and get up some boys to find the dog. He would come home tired wet and sometimes muddy... but he had led those boys a merry chase!! When I think of open gates I think of Bullet taking his advantage... and those boys also let out to go hunt him down. Don't tell Mom, they found him long before they brought him home. That was living to them all. I don't have that energy any more... except in my imagination. That is fun!!! Marion B

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's a gate?!!! lol.. fun blog.. have great vacation :)..peace
    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those are treasured memories for sure Marion. Thanks for sharing and thank the Lord for the ability to imagine at least.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Andrea, you are one of the people that I think of when I think of a 'free spirit'.

    ReplyDelete