Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Life Without Limbs


A couple of weeks back, when I was speaking on Sunday morning about growing a culture of celebration, I introduced the church family to Nick Vujicic (pronounced ‘vooey-cheech’). Nick is 25 years old and was born without arms or legs and given no medical reason for this condition.

His story is truly one of the most amazing you’ll ever have opportunity to ponder. What an amazing testimony he is to all of us that we do not need to allow the obstacles of life to steal our joy.

On his website, Nick writes:
“Faced with countless challenges and obstacles, God has given me the strength to surmount what others might call impossible. Along with that, the Lord has placed within me an unquenchable passion to share this same hope and genuine love that I’ve personally experienced with more than two million people all over the globe.

Traveling extensively to over 19 nations, I've been extremely humbled by the continuous opportunities that the Lord has given me to share my testimony along with the hope that I have in Jesus with people in so many nations and situations. My greatest joy in this life is to introduce Jesus to those I meet and tell them of His great desire to get to know them personally by allowing Him to become their Lord and Savior.”

I had mentioned that I would post the link and then forgot to do that. So, here it is. Check it out. You will be challenged and encouraged for sure.

www.lifewithoutlimbs.org

God, please forgive me for making excuses.
Steve

No comments:

Post a Comment